Disclaimer: This post is posted by a lady programmer.
1. We are not here to fix your computer.
“If that is the first thing that crosses your mind, then give up. There is nothing more annoying than someone asking you so you are a programmer, can you fix computers? Infact we do not like to fix our own computers, our solution to a slow computer is to Erase the damn thing and reinstall everything.“
2. Yes we think we are smarter than you.
“The IT industry is very competitive. Programmers are a dime a dozen, so the only way to stand out is to be the best and to be the smartest person in the room. Google, Apple, Microsoft, amongst others, only hire the best and the smartest people out there to create the next best thing. Due to the competitive nature of our field, we tend to be arrogant and prove that you are wrong and we are right. Furthermore, a lot of programmers have masters or phD degrees.”
3. Work is above everything, including you.
“We are passionate about our work and give the extra mile to get things done and to make it look good. Sometimes we even forget to eat or sleep to meet our deadlines. When we are absorbed in work, we are in our little bubble world, especially during crunch period. So if we forget to eat or sleep, don’t expect us to call you back. We are borderline OCD perfectionist, so we spend our waking hours trying to make our project as close to perfect as possible.”
4. We love our toys – gadgets. “Don’t be surprised if we jump like a 5 years old when we see a new gadget in the wild. It’s usually something that we have been reading and hyping up for the past 5 months, so it’s only normal to be excited when we see it in real life.”
5. We are worth your time and effort. “We consider our job as an extension of our personality. If our work is an extension of our personality, chances are, our relationships are the same, for better or for worst.”
So, if there would be a chance for you to date me. Let’s just enjoy the flow. In fact i’ll go on any adventure! 🙂